Want to get started on learning my best approaches to ethical marketing for uncertain times? Learn my best core strategies on how to market your business in a way that’s genuinely good-vibes, deeply respectful, trauma-informed, consent-based, conscience-driven, courteous, and that honours the dignity of everyone involved (including you). Get more word-of-mouth. Market your beautiful work beautifully. Market in a way that makes the world better. No scripts. No pitching. No inauthentic self-promotion. No high-pressure sales tactics. No manipulating anyone. This is marketing you’ll actually do. You don’t have to choose between ethics and effectiveness.
Marketing for Hippies? Could it be so?
Marketing can feel good.
You can be a better marketer and attract all the clients you can handle – without sacrificing your integrity.
Most entrepreneurs I know feel torn between either doing marketing that feels good (but doesn’t work) or marketing that works (but doesn’t feel good).
I am suggesting that there’s a way to approach marketing that actually works better than the pushy and manipulative approaches you hate and that feels genuinely good to all involved.
This work is all about developing what I call ‘ethical marketing for uncertain times’.
Ethical because it needs to be honest and feel good to everyone.
Marketing because it needs to work.
But what do the uncertain times have to do with marketing?
When times get uncertain and people clutch onto their purse strings a little tighter, it’s easy to feel desperate. It’s easy to feel like one’s marketing must become more disruptive and deceptive.
But that only makes things worse.
The long term fix is this: you go deeper.
If you need the branches to be bigger and higher, you start at the roots.
You go deeper.
You deepen your connections with your people. You deepen your clarity on who you are, what you do, how you do it, why you do it and for whom you do it. You deepen your commitment and your consistency in showing up.
As personal branding expert Jessica Zweig said once, “Content is no longer King. Clarity is king.”
And then there’s a certain amount of crossing your fingers too.
In this video from my workshop, you won’t learn the latest bells and whistles of the online marketing world or any cutting edge persuasion tools.
You’ll learn a lot about the long game, about Slow Marketing, about the roots you need to set in order to have long term, sustainable, organic, word of mouth results without the hype or the pressure. Results you can lean on and feel great about achieving. In short, you’ll be invited to go deeper into what really matters.
In short, this is marketing for hippies.
Hi, I’m Tad Hargrave, owner of Marketing for Hippies.
Since 2001, I’ve been helping people like you be better marketers. Right out of high school, I got involved in doing sales for a leadership development company and learned a mix bag of sales and marketing approaches. Some of it was beautiful. Some of it wasn’t.
I spent a decade unpacking why the gross stuff felt gross and the good stuff felt good. I then travelled all around Canada, the United States and some of Europe with this very workshop (most of the time it was offered on a PWYC basis) sharing what I’d discovered and learning more along the way. Back then, I was one of the only ‘conscious business’ marketing coaches I knew of.
I’ve read a few marketing books and attended a few workshops but most of what I have learned came from working with clients, one on one and in workshops and seeing what worked and what didn’t.
If you’d like to learn more about me and my story click here.
“Now marketing is easy!”
“When I first heard of Marketing for Hippies, I thought “Yay! A hippie!” I find everything that Tad shares so inspiring and I can really pace the process so that my business grows comfortably. There’s no need to put more effort into marketing, just to keep on top of it with Tad’s videos and newsletters.
The most useful message that he’s given me is to say thank you. I applied his method of the win-win and mentioned it on my website and invoices. I say thank you as much as possible. I am grateful to be able to be a part of a win-win. I can be honest about the services that I provide and I truly feel that I have become a better therapist as a result of Tad’s teachings. Now marketing is easy!
Others would always tell me to work harder and put more effort into my marketing, which of course, they wanted to do for me as long as I paid them. It wasn’t necessarily unethical, it was just annoying. I love Tad’s work–how he does it and how he looks while doing it. If I felt more need to expand, I would buy more.
Tad, thanks for being you. I recommend you to all of my friends who could benefit from your wisdom and attitude.”
What we’ve got here could be a fit for you if you. . .
- Are not great at marketing: You love your business and it’s a success because you’re very good at what you do not because you’re excellent at articulating the unique value of what you do. It’s not because you’re a great marketer. In fact, most of your growth has come from word-of-mouth.
- Keep putting your marketing off. You have been secretly “intending” to give your marketing more time and focus . . . but uhhh . . . just never seem to get around to it? You just don’t “love” the idea of marketing (even though you love your business). If you’re honest, you feel allergic to it all. It feels gross. You never want to come across like, ‘that’.
- Want to get much better marketing results and attract many more clients (and better ones) more consistently. You know in your heart, mind and gut that if you could clearly articulate the essence of what you do to more of the right people, you would have all the business you could handle, and more. But you don’t know how to do it.
- Like the notion that marketing could feel good. What if it could be guilt-free, respectful, beautiful, inspiring, honouring, fun, warm, gracious, quirky and honest (and be even more effective because of that). You want to have your marketing not only sell good things that make the world better – but actually be a good thing that makes the world better. You want to have a no-hype, non-gross, inspiring and uplifting marketing plan that makes sense and is both easy and affordable to implement.
- You’re finally ready to take your business seriously. It’s been an expensive hobby for years but you’re finally ready to stop messing around and have this become a profitable and sustainable venture.
We might love each other a lot if . . .
- you love local and organic food, farmers markets, local bookstores and craft fairs
- you love to celebrate what makes a place special – their local businesses, music and arts and know that real wealth is always found in community
- you’d love to see your city filled with urban beekeeping, orchards, food forests, backyard chickens and front yard gardens
- you’re deeply critical of our current capitalist economic system (and where it seem to be heading). You just don’t trust ‘the man’.
- You resonate with what I’ve written on this page.
Feel Like It Might Be A Fit? Here Are 3 Ways To Get Started:
Get Free Stuff
Sign up to our email list or take a look at our best articles, videos and case studies
Take a look at our selection of eBooks and bundles that you can buy
Ready to go beyond information into application & want some hand holding, check out the options below