MfH Retreat Attendee Info
Schedule & Location Details:
Thursday, July 13, 2023: 10am-6pm (lunch from 1-3pm)
Friday, July 14, 2023: 10am-6pm (lunch from 1-3pm)
Saturday, July 15, 2023: 10am-6pm (lunch from 1-3pm)
Sunday, July 17, 2023: 10am-1pm
LOCATION: Lila Music Center in Duncan, BC. The retreat will take place in the yurt beside Tad’s house, address and local contact info will be provided to people who are accepted to the retreat.
The specific address is: 3228A Gibbins Road, Duncan, BC, V9L 1G8
WHO’S ATTENDING ALONG WITH YOU?: Get to know the other amazing attendees that you will be working with over the retreat HERE.
EMERGENCY CONTACT FOR TAD: You can phone or text Tad at 1-780-885-8891. You can email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
GROUP CHAT ON SIGNAL: If you’d like to connect with other attendees to organize ride shares and/or lodging shares, shared meals, hot travel tips, etc, please go ahead and JOIN HERE.
NETWORKING GOOGLE SHEET: If you wish to coordinate accommodation and/or car-shares, we’ve made a tracking doc for you to coordinate one another’s details. It’s a working doc for you as the participants, so feel free to make it work for you by editing it as you wish/need. Find it HERE.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Slippers are great for wearing inside the yurt.
- A refillable water bottle.
- A journal or note book (and favourite pen!) for making notes.
- Your laptop for digital notes and such.
MEALS: At the workshop lunch breaks you’ll need to make your own food arrangements. You can bring your own food and eat on location, or there are some great little places to eat within a short drive of the workshop location to choose from. We will be a twenty-minute walk from downtown.
LODGING: Here are some suggestions for out-of-towners if you’re looking for a place to stay that’s convenient to Tad’s home. We’re not endorsing any of these, please do your own research and find the best fit for you, but they’re certainly a handful of places to start.
- Airbnb: probably your best option. Look for something near Tad’s address (listed above).
- OUR EcoVillage: one of Canada’s leading eco-villages is a 30-minute drive away.
- Camping: We can accommodate a few folks camping on the land here. It’s $20 CAD/night to tent (cash when you arrive is preferred).
- There is a compost toilet and an outdoor shower.
- There is not outdoor or indoor kitchen access on site for campers.
- Please note that there’s no electricity on site, though you’re welcome to charge your devices at Tad’s house.
- If you share an AirBnb with others it might not be that expensive and will probably end up being more comfortable.
- TO BOOK CAMPING: Please contact Susan at email@example.com to let her know you’re camping.
- CAMPING QUESTIONS: If you have any specific questions about camping that haven’t been covered here, please reach out to Leah Ritch (our local coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-778-679-8659.
FLYING INTO NANAIMO: This is the closest/fastest airport option if you can make it work! You can rent a car from the airport and drive straight up to Duncan from Nanaimo.
BUS FROM NANAIMO AIRPORT TO DUNCAN: check out BC Transit for this option.
FLYING INTO VICTORIA: You can rent a car from the airport and drive straight up to Duncan from Victoria.
BUS FROM VICTORIA AIRPORT TO DUNCAN: check out BC Transit for this option.
FLYING INTO VANCOUVER: You can rent a car at the airport, then drive to catch the ferry from Tsawwassen to Nanaimo, and then drive down to Duncan.
FERRY: For help finding a ferry (to either Swartz Bay or Nanaimo) go to the BC Ferries website.
CAR SERVICE: There’s no Uber in Duncan but there are a few, local taxi services. You can rent a car in Victoria or Vancouver from all of the usual rental companies, most of which operate from the airports.
PARKING: You can park at the venue but we encourage carpooling or walking (and finding a place nearby to stay).t
Resources for folks who are new-ish to my work:
BEFORE you hit the road for the retreat, be sure to have watched:
- My Marketing for Hippies 101 video (3 hours): https://marketingforhippies.com/intro-download/
And if you have time, it would be really useful if you also:
- Watch the Hub Marketing webinar (2 hours): https://youtu.be/GlFDoDbUFZM
- Check out my Starter Kit (the 101 video listed above is in the Starter Kit): https://marketingforhippies.com/starter-kit-package
There are three ways you can pay:
You are welcome to pay me in four instalments spread out over a year. These PWYC payments can be for any amounts on any dates within one year. I’ve opted for this approach for my weekend workshops because, in my experience, entrepreneurs are cash-flow poor and it’s easier to spread payments out rather than people feeling terrible that they can’t pay much all in one moment.
- PWYC Option A: Four Cheques. One cheque payable immediately and the remaining three payable over one year on dates that work for you.
- PWYC Option B: via PayPal. You can send these manually or I can set up four PayPal auto-payments. One immediately and the rest over the coming year on dates that work for you.
- PWYC Option C: via eTransfer. You can pay me via eTransfer direct from your bank. I can set up email reminders to help you remember, for the dates that work for you.
If you’ve chosen this option, you’ve already sent me your deposit, and you can let me know at the end of the workshop which PWYC option you’re going with.
2. Pay in Full at Market Value:
I offer this only because pay-what-you-can makes some people deeply uneasy and who would rather just have it all settled before it gets started. If that’s the case, you can pay the market value of $1400 USD upfront.
If you’ve chosen this option then you’ve already made your workshop payment, thank you!
3. Payment Plan for Market Value:
Again, I’d rather you do pay-what-you-can but, if that feels uncomfortable to you, another option is to make four payments of $350 USD over a schedule of your choice within one year.
If you’ve chosen this option then you’ve already sent me your deposit and set up your quarterly workshop payments, thank you!