“My Core Pressure-Free, Approach On How To Market Your Business In A Way That Feels Good (To All Involved) And Works.”
2022 Program dates TBA, join the waitlist.
Why do you do your work they way you do it?
And, if you’ve been itching to change it up, why?
Underneath everything you do and don’t do in your business is a reason and that reason is your point of view.
Few understand this and, frankly, almost everyone dramatically underestimates it.
How did I stumble across this?
It happened years ago at a workshop.
I was teaching the class about the notion of the journey from Island A to Island B. It’s core metaphor that I’ve used for years ever since hearing it from the good Bill Baren.
“Imagine,” I said to them. “That your ideal clients are on Island A where they are struggling with some problem or symptoms they don’t like. They want to get to Island B where there is a result they are craving. Your business is like a boat that can get them from one island to the other.”
The point of the metaphor was, “Don’t just talk about your boat. Talk about the journey you are taking people on.”
But, as I stood there looking at the drawing I made, it occurred to me that something important was missing. What this metaphor didn’t account for was everything that was under the water: the rocks, the reefs, the tides. It also didn’t account for pirates, sea monsters and time of year.
It struck me that, as captains of our boats, it’s our job to know about those things and to have some kind of opinion about and strategy for how to deal with them. Those things need to be accounted for in the way we go about the journey.
Around that same time, I read a brilliant book by Lois Kelly called Beyond Buzz where she went in-depth into something I’d never heard anyone else speaking of in the world of marketing: point of view.
If you’ve been following my work for any amount of time, then you’ve heard me talk about this.
In my estimation, Point of View is the missing piece in most modern marketing. It’s underestimated, undiscussed, ignored and yet, incredibly powerful.
When I say “point of view,” I mean: your perspective, philosophy, take on thing, approach, cosmology, system, world-view, core principles, voice, values, map, compass, and route.
Your niche is central to relevance, whereas your point of view is absolutely central to trust and credibility.
Aside from niche, point of view is the missing element in 90% of the businesses I come across.
The result of that thinking is this 30-Day Point of View Challenge.
Here are the basics: you will participate in five, 90-minute calls over 30 days. During each call, you will be guided and supported, through hands-on exercises, to articulate and hone your unique point of view.
Let’s step back to the metaphor or the two islands: Your point of view the map you use to get from one island to the other. It’s the compass you use. It’s the route you plot.
These three things: map, compass, route.
Why Does Point of View Matter?
Think of best sellers like The Four Agreements, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People or Loving What Is.
What do they all have in common? A clear point of view.
What is a personal growth book? Point of view + stories.
Think of enduring perspectives on health and healing like the medicine wheel, the Chinese meridian system and five elements or the chakra system.
What do they all have in common? A clear point of view.
Think of the work you do and what got you into it. My guess is that it was a clear perspective you resonated with that made sense of your world and your struggles.
What Will a Clear Point of View Do For You? It Will:
- Make your marketing more potent so that you’re able to attract your ideal clients and actively repel people who aren’t a good fit for you. A clear point of view doesn’t guarantee you’ll be loved. It just makes strong feeling more likely and strong feelings are your friend.
- Enable you to feel more confident in your business
- Enable your clients to feel much clearer about the possibilities and limitations of achieving their goals (and if it seems more possible they are more likely to spend more money)
- Help you craft better offers for your clients (offers that have a coherence inside themselves and with your other offers so everything fits together). Your offers will be more solid and less free-styling (winging it with no system or thought-out approach is a major reason people end up feeling like a fraud).
- Be the basis for every piece of content you will ever create. Again, this brings a cohesion and integrity to your content. It no longer seems sporadic and all over the place. It all fits together. This means people will trust you more. This means it’s easier for them to talk about you and what you do.
- Put your existing clients at ease and allow them to relax knowing they are in good hands. This means they spend more money and rave about you to their friends.
- Make your offers more credible, down-to-earth, trustworthy and believable. This is huge. A point of view allows you to back up the claims you’ve made with thoughtful and well laid out approach.
- Take the pressure out of your marketing. Marketing feels bad because it’s usually about trying to convince people to say ‘yes’ to the product or service you’re selling. Point of view marketing is totally different. It’s just you sharing the way you see things. People who like your perspective lean in (and you can make a good, low risk offer to them) or they lean out (and you bless and release them). Easy.
But a clear point of view doesn’t just happen.
It has to be cultivated and crafted with as much care as you would take in helping your finest client.
This 30-Day Challenge is a fine place to start.
In This 30-Day Challenge You Will:
- Learn what Point of View (POV) is in a business context and why it matters.
- Learn more about three core elements of POV (map, compass and route) and how they apply to your business.
- Have the chance to map out your own POV like never have before.
- Ask me your toughest questions on POV and how to translate the theory into your business.
This Could Be A Perfect Fit If You:
- Resonate with this whole point of view business and are curious and committed to honing yours.
- Have got the time. You’re able to spend about three hours reading the Point of View ebook, 90-minutes each week on the calls plus, at least, two hours per week on top of that to do homework. So let’s say a solid 15 hours over the 30 days scheduled in and dedicated to this work. More would be better but that will do.
- Have a strong sense of who it is you’re trying to reach, then this program is a very natural and necessary next step. If you already have a strong sense of who is on Island A, what they’re struggling with and what they’re craving, then having a clear map, reliable compass and carefully plotted routed in the inevitable next phase of your process. You have a clear sense of the core issues with which you’re trying to help people.
- You’ve got a friend who would be willing to be your POV Challenge “buddy” to meet with you in between our calls to go over your homework and give you candid feedback.
This Is Likely Not A Fit For You If You:
- If you have absolutely no idea who your work is for and you’re committed to the idea that your work can (and should) help everyone with everything. If you have zero clue what your niche is, this program is not for you.
- If you’re wanting real, personal, in-depth handholding you might want to check out my Membership and/or a Puttering Session. This program is not one on one coaching. You may get some direct feedback from me but likely not much. It’s not that kind of program. It’s an orientation and 30-day, 101, mind-expanding introduction to what POV Marketing is, what the elements are, how it works and helping you understand how it can work in your situation. This is a 30-day chance for you to set aside time to really hone in and focus on this work (that you may have been intending to do for a long time) and finally do it.
Three Compelling Reasons To Sign Up:
Compelling Reason #1: Grounding Materials and a Meaningful Curriculum:
You will receive:
- My Point of View Marketing ebook (value $40 USD)
- My Don’t Market Yourself. Market Your Message ebook (value $20 USD)
- The full POV GoogleDoc homework that I use with my core clients.
- Weekly calls will run from 12-1:30pm Pacific.
Make sure you double check the time zone to make sure you’re able to make the calls.
The calls will be recorded.
Call #1: The Map & The Metaphor:
In Call One, you will define the basics of your niche and the loose boundaries of the work that you do. This shouldn’t be confused for a deep program into honing your niche (which I recommend) but it will help you polish up whatever is there. Once we have that, you’ll explore the best metaphors you can use to describe the work that you do. For example, I use the metaphor of someone being stuck on Island A and wanting to get to Island B. That’s a Core Metaphor or Image with which I work. You’ll be supported to explore your own.
Call #2: The Compass:
In Call Two, you will have a chance to define and refine the core principles that underwrite and guide all of your work. You’ll be amazed as you finally get down on paper the ideas, values and core beliefs that have guided your work all along.
Call #3: The Route:
In Call Three, you’ll have a chance to articulate the generic system, approach and protocol you are recommending. You’ll have a chance to give form and sequence to what you’re offering and be amazed at how quickly this turns into ideas for profit-producing programs and packages you could create to help your clients more powerfully.
Call #4: The Message:
In Call Four, you’ll be supported in honing your Point of View down into a series of tightly-packed, meaning-rich, easy to understand statements. This process is the string that ties together the bouquet of the first three calls.
Call #5: Q & A:
In Call Five, space will be made to answer any of the questions you might have.
Compelling Reason #2: Incredibly Affordable:
At $300, this program is remarkably affordable for the amount of support material you receive and the ground we cover in our five calls together.
Compelling Reason #3: THIS IS IMPORTANT AND NEW: It Could Be Even MORE Affordable!
For Members of my Marketing for Hippies Membership Program, my 30-day programs are either 50% off or included, depending on what level of membership someone is.
This means that if you join my membership, if only for the duration of this 30-day program, it will cost you less than $300 to attend this POV 30-Day program.
A quick math breakdown:
- If you join at the Foundations level ($40 USD/month) then that’ll be $40 USD for the month + 50% off ($150 USD) = $190 USD for a $300 USD program. PLUS you’ll have partial access to eBooks and mini courses (and 50% off anything you don’t get included) and can check out my Membership Program while you’re at it.
- If you join at the Pro level ($100 USD/month) then that’ll be $100 USD for the month + 100% off the course ($0 USD) = $100 USD for a $300 USD program. PLUS you’ll have full access to eBooks and mini courses and can check out my Membership Program while you’re at it.
(Beyond The Money It Will Save You)
Reason #1 to join the Membership: Get more direct feedback. It’s unlikely that everyone will get feedback in every call. You’ll have three distinct mechanisms to get support. You will have access to:
- Our Collaboration Calls that happen twice a week. In these calls, you’ll gather with other members and be broken into groups of four where you’ll each have eleven minutes to get support. You can use these sessions for help with your homework from the 30 day program and to keep you on track.
- Weekly (at the Pro Level) or monthly (at the Foundations Level) Office Hours where you can ask your questions directly to me.
- The Ask A Question and Ask for Feedback topics where you can post and tag me in between the calls.
Reason #2 to join the Membership: Access to the the DIY versions. In the membership, you’ll get access to the video based versions of this including footage of this workshop from Victoria, England, Amsterdam and online plus links to articles and blogs to go deeper for free or 50%.
Reason #3 to join the Membership: Three bonus courses to dig deeper. At the Foundations Level of the Membership, you’ll get access to three DIY courses to help you learn the content of this 30 days more deeply. The first is about the Three Roles of Marketing (which makes a sort of architecture of the day). The second is the Three Core Elements Of Your Marketing Strategy course which explores Niching, Hub Marketing & Business Model. The third is the Deeper Platform Work which will help you explore this thorny topic of niching from seven different angles.
Reason #4 to join the Membership: Eight more courses. If you’re at the Pro Level these are all free. If you’re at the Foundations Level, you get 50% off all of these courses. These cover niching (in an extremely robust and in depth way), Hub Marketing, and Copywriting.
Reason #5 to join the Membership: The whole damned library of my content neatly organized. All of my videos are in the Membership. So are all of my blog posts. I’ve also got other videos, pulled out from our weekly coaching calls there too. That will all be at your fingertips for the price of admission.
Not-Yet-A-Reason-But-Maybe-Soon-Reason #6: Pods. We might be creating some internal “pods” for each of the 30 Day Programs for members. This is a maybe. We’re looking at it now.
This means you actually need to register for the Membership, activate your account, and then you can sign up for the Marketing for Hippies 101 30-Day Program within the Membership.
If you’d like to take this step, on want to read about what it’ll look like, go HERE and I’ll outline what to expect from the process.
- You get two eBooks full of content to help you dig deeper into what you’ve learned. This material is the result of a decade of work and research, and thousands of dollars in filming, editing, designing and transcribing to get it “just right.”
- You get five 90-minute calls with me and your cohort to go over every step of this process and ask your specific questions along the way.
- You get five-weeks of support from myself and your cohort.
- REMEMBER: If you join my Membership first, then this 30-day program will actually be only two thirds or one third the price. Check out how HERE.
How much does this all cost?
I am only charging $300 USD for this program.
No early bird specials. Just a sweet deal from the beginning.
I hope you’ll agree this is a bargain of a price.
And if that’s too much all at once, there’s even a 3-Pay Option where you pay $100 per month for three months.
OR it could just be cheaper if you become a Member first.
If you want to go that route, go HERE first.
If you just want to pay $300 USD and sign up for the 30-Day Program only, click the big red button below.
Hope to see you there!
P.S. Some kind words from folks from the last cohort:
“Sometimes, one of the tricky things with marketing is how to weave everything together into a coherent whole, so that everything is aligned, and not only makes sense in our Customer’s head, but also appeals and feels right to their heart. As well as being one of the best marketing guys I have ever discovered, very knowledgeable, supportive and approachable … Tad Hargrave is super brilliant at showing you how to navigate both the mind and heart, to ensure that that they both join together at the end of your marketing process. The map, the route, the process, the principles, the metaphor, the vision … he helps you to weave it altogether so that it makes total sense … and the end result, your business shifts into a totally different space and focus.” – Brian Parsons
“I was having a really hard time with my niche statement for one aspect of my business. Tad pointed out it may be a point of view thang … and just from an hour and a half call I feel closer than I have in years to understanding what I have to offer, and how to have others understand it. An unfolding …” – Natalie Forrest
P.P.S. Not sure about this idea of POV Marketing? Watch the video below: