Point of View Marketing:
The 30-Day Online Program
My Core Pressure-Free, Approach On How To Build Trust Market Your Business In A Way That Feels Good (To All Involved) And Works.
July 5-August 2, 2022
Five calls on Tuesdays at 12-1:30pm Pacific
(Dates: July 5, 12, 19, 26 and August 2, 2022)
Make sure you double check the time zone to make sure you’re able to make the calls. Calls will be recorded if you’re ever not able to make the call or want to re-listen to it.
JOIN THE PRO MEMBERSHIP TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAM
Of everything I’ve ever contributed to the world of marketing, my articulation of POV Marketing is the one I’m most proud of.
Underneath everything you do and don’t do in your business is a reason and that reason is your point of view.
Few understand this and, frankly, almost everyone dramatically underestimates the importance of clearly articulating it.
It came to this understanding years ago at a workshop.
I was leading a marketing workshop and had come to the section about the journey from Island A to Island B (see the video above). It’s a core metaphor that I’ve used for years ever since hearing it from the good Bill Baren.
“Imagine,” I said to them. “That your ideal clients are on Island A where they are struggling with some problem or symptoms they don’t like. They want to get to Island B where there is a result they are craving. Your business is like a boat that can get them from one island to the other.”
The point of the metaphor was, “Don’t just talk about your boat. Talk about the journey you are taking people on.”
Someone pointed out, “There are also a lot of ways to get from Island A to B.”
That struck me as true.
And then, as I stood there looking at the drawing I made, it occurred to me that something important was missing. What this metaphor didn’t account for was everything that was under the water: the rocks, the reefs, the tides. It also didn’t account for pirates, sea monsters and time of year. It didn’t account for the route you might take, the quality of map you used and the necessity of having a compass.
It struck me that, as captains of our boats, it’s our job to know about those things and to have some kind of opinion about and strategy for how to deal with them. Those things need to be accounted for in the way we go about the journey.
Why do you do what you do the way you do it?
There are reasons.
Around that same time, I read a brilliant book by Lois Kelly called Beyond Buzz where she went in-depth into something I’d never heard anyone else speaking of in the world of marketing: point of view. And then I began to reflect on what I’d learned from the good Jay Abraham about something he called The Strategy of Preeminence, “Don’t just tell your clients what to do, tell them why to do it.”
Things began to fall together in my mind.
In my estimation, Point of View is the missing piece in most modern marketing. It’s underestimated, undiscussed, ignored and yet, incredibly powerful.
When I say “point of view,” I mean: your perspective, philosophy, ‘take’ on the thing, approach, cosmology, system, world-view, core principles, voice, values, map, compass, and route.
Your niche is central to relevance, whereas your point of view is absolutely central to trust and credibility.
You niche is what you see as missing in the marketplace.
Your point of view is what you see as missing in the approach to solving a certain problems or making a certain kind of product.
Why does it matter so much?
If they don’t trust your diagnosis, they won’t trust your prescription.
To say it another way: If they don’t like your premise, they’ll never go for your promise.
Aside from niche, point of view is the missing element in 90% of the businesses I come across.
So, to help you weave in this missing piece, I created this 30-Day Point of View Challenge.
But before we get into too many details …
Why Does Point of View Matter?
Think of best sellers in the personal growth scene like Nonviolent Communication, The Four Agreements, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People or Loving What Is.
What do they all have in common? A clear point of view.
What is a personal growth book? Point of view + stories.
Think of enduring perspectives on health and healing like the medicine wheel, the Chinese meridian system and five elements or the chakra system.
What do they all have in common? A clear point of view.
Think of the work you do and what got you into it. My guess is that it was a clear perspective you resonated with that made sense of your world and your struggles.
A Few Real Life Examples:
What Will a Clear Point of View Do For You? It Will:
- Make your marketing more potent so that you’re able to attract your ideal clients and actively repel people who aren’t a good fit for you. A clear point of view doesn’t guarantee you’ll be loved. It just makes strong feeling more likely and strong feelings are your friend.
- Enable you to feel more confident in your business
- Enable your clients to feel much clearer about the possibilities and limitations of achieving their goals (and if it seems more possible they are more likely to spend more money)
- Help you craft better offers for your clients (offers that have a coherence inside themselves and with your other offers so everything fits together). Your offers will be more solid and less free-styling (winging it with no system or thought-out approach is a major reason people end up feeling like a fraud).
- Be the basis for every piece of content you will ever create. Again, this brings a cohesion and integrity to your content. It no longer seems sporadic and all over the place. It all fits together. This means people will trust you more. This means it’s easier for them to talk about you and what you do.
- Put your existing clients at ease and allow them to relax knowing they are in good hands. This means they spend more money and rave about you to their friends.
- Make your offers more credible, down-to-earth, trustworthy and believable. This is huge. A point of view allows you to back up the claims you’ve made with thoughtful and well laid out approach.
- Take the pressure out of your marketing. Marketing feels bad because it’s usually about trying to convince people to say ‘yes’ to the product or service you’re selling. Point of view marketing is totally different. It’s just you sharing the way you see things. People who like your perspective lean in (and you can make a good, low risk offer to them) or they lean out (and you bless and release them). Easy.
But a clear point of view doesn’t just happen.
It has to be cultivated and crafted with as much care as you would take in helping your finest client.
This 30-Day Challenge is a fine place to start.
But there’s another reason that is much more important than all of those.
In This 30-Day Challenge You Will:
- Go deeper into what Point of View (POV) is in a business context and why it matters. By the end of this 30-days you’ll have a much deeper understanding of this than most people you know.
- Learn more about three core elements of POV (map, compass and route) and how they apply to your business.
- Have the chance to map out your own POV like never have before (and get feedback from the group).
- Have a chance to ask me your toughest questions on POV and how to translate the theory into your business.
This Could Be A Perfect Fit If You:
- Resonate with this whole point of view business and are curious and committed to honing yours.
- Have got the time. You’re able to spend about three hours reading the Point of View ebook, 90-minutes each week on the calls plus, at least, two hours per week on top of that to do homework. So let’s say a solid 15 hours over the 30 days scheduled in and dedicated to this work. More would be better but that will do.
- Have a strong sense of who it is you’re trying to reach, then this program is a very natural and necessary next step. If you already have a strong sense of who is on Island A, what they’re struggling with and what they’re craving, then having a clear map, reliable compass and carefully plotted routed in the inevitable next phase of your process. You have a clear sense of the core issues with which you’re trying to help people.
- You’ve got a friend who would be willing to be your POV Challenge “buddy” to meet with you in between our calls to go over your homework and give you candid feedback. Not needed but it would be a big help for you.
This Is Likely Not A Fit For You If You:
- If you have absolutely no idea who your work is for and you’re committed to the idea that your work can (and should) help everyone with everything. If you have zero clue what your niche is, this program is not for you.
- If you’re wanting real, personal, in-depth handholding you might want to check out my Membership and/or a Puttering Session. This program is not one on one coaching. You may get some direct feedback from me but likely not much. It’s not that kind of program. It’s an orientation, a 30-day, 101, mind-expanding introduction to what POV Marketing is, what the elements are, how it works and helping you understand how it can work in your situation. This is a 30-day chance for you to set aside time to really hone in and focus on this work (that you may have been intending to do for a long time) and finally do it.
Three Compelling Reasons To Sign Up:
Compelling Reason #1 – Solid, Core Grounding Materials and a Meaningful Curriculum:
You will receive:
- My Point of View Marketing ebook (value $40 USD)
- My Don’t Market Yourself. Market Your Message workbook (value $20 USD)
- The full POV GoogleDoc homework that I use with my core Mentorship clients for years.
- Weekly calls. They run from 12-1:30pm Pacific. Make sure you double check the time zone to make sure you’re able to make the calls. The calls will be recorded.
Call #1: The Route:
In Call One, you’ll have a chance to articulate the generic system, approach and protocol you are recommending. You’ll have a chance to give form and sequence to what you’re offering and be amazed at how quickly this turns into ideas for profit-producing programs and packages you could create to help your clients more powerfully.
Call #2: The Compass:
In Call Two, you will have a chance to define and refine the core principles that underwrite and guide all of your work. You’ll be amazed as you finally get down on paper the ideas, values and core beliefs that have guided your work all along.
Call #3: The Map & The Metaphor:
In Call Three, you will define the basics of your niche and the loose boundaries of the work that you do. This shouldn’t be confused for a deep program into honing your niche (which I recommend) but it will help you polish up whatever is there. Once we have that, you’ll explore the best metaphors you can use to describe the work that you do. For example, I use the metaphor of someone being stuck on Island A and wanting to get to Island B. That’s a Core Metaphor or Image with which I work. You’ll be supported to explore your own.
Call #4: The Message:
In Call Four, you’ll be supported in honing your Point of View down into a series of tightly-packed, meaning-rich, easy to understand statements. This process is the string that ties together the bouquet of the first three calls.
Call #5: Q & A:
In Call Five, space will be made to answer any of the questions you might have.
Compelling Reason #2 – Incredibly Affordable:
When I ran this workshop for the public, it was only $300 USD, which is incredibly affordable. This year, I require participants to join my Pro Membership for at least the duration of the 30-Day Program they’re joining. This means that the 30-Day Programs are even MORE affordable, because my Pro Membership is just $100 USD per month.
This means that if you join Membership for just the duration of this 30-day program, it will cost you less than the original price of $300 to attend this POV 30-Day Program.
Compelling Reason #3 – You Also Get The Benefits Of Being In The Membership While Participating:
Benefit #1: More support calls. There are calls every day of the week for Pro Members (beyond our weekly calls for the 30-Day program). These calls can be incredibly helpful in integrating the content of the program itself. I want people to have plenty of opportunities to get direct feedback from myself and from their peers.
Benefit #2: Three bonus courses to dig deeper into POV. You’ll get access to three DIY courses to help you learn the content of my Marketing for Hippies 101 workshop more deeply. This is all vital context to understand where Point of View Marketing fits in the bigger picture.
The first is about the Three Roles of Marketing (POV Marketing fits in the second role).
The second is the Three Core Elements Of Your Marketing Strategy course which explores Niching, Hub Marketing & Business Model (POV Marketing fits in Niching but also heavily influences the other too).
The third is the Deeper Platform Work which will help you explore this thorny topic of niching from seven different angles (including how your POV fits into it all).
Benefit #3: Eight more courses on related topics. These are all included with your Pro Membership. These cover niching (in an extremely robust and in depth way), Hub Marketing, and Copywriting.
Benefit #4: The whole damned library of my content neatly organized. All of my videos are in the Membership. So are all of my blog posts. I’ve also got other videos, pulled out from our weekly coaching calls there too. And there are all of my eBooks (included for the price of admission). That will all be at your fingertips for the price of admission. What’s in there? You can get a sense of the topics by digging into my Membership Guide.
Benefit #5: A distraction free and supportive infrastructure. We use Mighty Networks as our platform and so the only notifications you’ll get (which you can control as you like) will be related to growing your business not sweet cat memes from your high school friend. You’ll have a platform where you can ask questions of other participants and members and get needed help.
If you sign up for the Point of View Marketing 30-Day Program:
- You get two eBooks full of content to help you dig deeper into what you’ve learned. This material is the result of a decade of work and research, and thousands of dollars in filming, editing, designing and transcribing to get it “just right.”
- You get five 90-minute calls with me and your cohort to go over every step of this process and ask your specific questions along the way. You get five-weeks of support from myself and your cohort.
- You get all the benefits on being in my Membership listed above (i.e. regular calls and tonnes of content).
“Sometimes, one of the tricky things with marketing is how to weave everything together into a coherent whole, so that everything is aligned, and not only makes sense in our Customer’s head, but also appeals and feels right to their heart. As well as being one of the best marketing guys I have ever discovered, very knowledgeable, supportive and approachable … Tad Hargrave is super brilliant at showing you how to navigate both the mind and heart, to ensure that that they both join together at the end of your marketing process. The map, the route, the process, the principles, the metaphor, the vision … he helps you to weave it altogether so that it makes total sense … and the end result, your business shifts into a totally different space and focus.”
– Brian Parsons
“I was having a really hard time with my niche statement for one aspect of my business. Tad pointed out it may be a point of view thang … and just from an hour and a half call I feel closer than I have in years to understanding what I have to offer, and how to have others understand it. An unfolding …”
– Natalie Forrest