An Invitation to Become a Founding Member of
My Marketing For Hippies Membership
Dig in deep and lay the foundations you need to make something beautiful and profitable of your business.
This “Founding Member” Offer for a Pro or Foundations Level Lifetime Membership Ends on December 14th, 2020.
If you’re reading this, you’re likely familiar with my work and are considering joining in on this online “Feel Good Marketing Fellowship”, the raggedy, motley crew of wayward entrepreneurs, my Hippy Marketing Club, this Coalition of Creatives, this Community of Conscious Entrepreneurs, this League of Life Coaches, this Haven of Healers and Hippie Business Owners, this Slow Marketing Society.
In short: the Marketing for Hippies Membership.
The MFH Membership is for you if you:
|Are familiar with my work: If you have followed my work for a while and think, “This fellow seems to talk sense about marketing!” Maybe you have been thinking it would be nice to delve more deeply into my perspectives and see how you could apply them to your business.|
|Are craving community around these ideas and approaches: if you like the idea of having a place where you can gather and talk with other people drawn to the same no-pressure approaches to sales and marketing that you find in my work. Perhaps you lack a place to check in, touch base, get ideas, and be steeped in a perspective you resonate with. You know your business growth would be easier with good company, encouragement and regular touch points.|
|Have “entrepreneurial loneliness”: if you often feel alone in your business and have few colleagues that understand the marketing worldview I’m espousing. Trust me, your spouse is tired of hearing you talk about your business.|
|Are committed to growing your business: if you are excited and committed to the journey of building your dream business. Up until now, your business has mostly been an expensive hobby; a mysterious and beguiling project that always seems to be almost there and just about to succeed, but never seems to crest the wave. If You are willing to approach your business as a business, and not perceive the marketplace as “wrong” for not liking your first, second, and third ideas. Plus: you can’t seem to quit, even though it would make all the sense in the world to do so. You take (or are willing to start taking) your work seriously. This isn’t a hobby. It’s a business. It’s a craft. It’s something you’re passionate about and committed to getting better at. If you are very good at what you do and you already enjoy some solid word-of-mouth and referrals from your existing clients. If you are serious about growing your business and figuring out your niche. I think this one is self-explanatory.|
|Feel like something is missing: you want to have a full-time business that does well by doing good and yet feel daunted at the prospect, stuck, and know you need a kind of support you can’t even articulate yet. You know in your craw that you’re meant to do a certain work but can’t make it work — There’s always something missing that you can’t put your finger on.|
|Crave a simple business model: You are enamoured with the idea of growing your business, not by more and more complicated tactics, but by developing a simpler and simpler business model with more and more beautiful, compelling offers, where the word of what they do spreads through those slow and steady roads of relationship and reputation.|
|Want a beautiful business: You want to be unreasonably proud of your businesses and unexpectedly comfortable in your own skin. You want to approach your businesses in the way an artist approaches their craft. You want your business to fit you and be as beautiful as the most ornate, bespoke, and ceremonial regalia bearing the thumbprint of your time and place.|
|See room for growth: when you look at your business you see enough potential to justify the expense of this membership.|
|Are willing to spend an hour a week supporting others in the group: You know, five minutes here. Five minutes there. Ten minutes a day would more than do it. This won’t be enforced at all, but I’d like this program to be filled with the kinds of people who will naturally want to support one another and grow together.|
|Would love lifetime access to all of my eBooks, courses, live programs and group coaching: That’s right, I have created a living library that includes hundreds of blogs and videos lessons, my eBook collection, online courses, all my live programs and regular group coaching sessions, and I put them all in one place. Anything new I create will go here and also be accessible to you for free. You can have lifetime access to it all (until December 14th, 2020).|
How This All Began:
For the past few years, the good Bradley Morris of MajikMedia.com has been making the case for me to create one of these. The first time, I gave him a response of, “maybe… but not right now. This is years away from where I’m at.”
Every six months or so, there would be an email checking in with me to see where I was at.
Why did I hesitate?
I don’t like the idea of “online communities”. I resist seeing those two words together. If it’s online, it’s not a real community. Communities are local. They are place-based. They are founded on shared geography as much as shared affinity. I was cagey about the whole thing. I still am. It’s why I settled on “online membership”. It felt more honest to what it is. I’m not a puritan about the language but I’m hesitant.
If you, and those you live nearby, are very lucky, then you have something approaching a real, planted and rooted community where you live. They deserve you deeply. I’m hesitant to create something that will have any of us being online, even more often away from the places we live.
And yet, here I am.
And here you all are.
We seem to be online anyway.
Corralled by pandemic lockdowns and shelter-in-place orders to the online world (those that have come and those likely to come yet). So, if we are going to be here, let’s make the most of it and not waste our time.
Back to the story…
Finally, Bradley sent me a 12-minute video giving me a tour of what might be possible for me within the Mighty Networks platform.
It took me five months to even watch it.
And then the lockdowns began. And I saw so many people struggling so deeply. And my business was in a stronger place. And I had the money to hire Bradley to help me. And and and…
The stars aligned and, likely to his complete shock, I finally said “yes.”
It’s taken me a long time to get here.
Before I did something like this, I wanted to have the pieces in place:
- My eBooks largely written
- My online courses and teleseminars largely crafted
- My business being profitable enough to afford the proper launch of such a thing
Monday morning, you wake up, pour yourself a hot cup of something to drink, turn on your computer and login into the Marketing for Hippies Membership. There’s a Monday morning post in the comment feed where you and others can gather together and check-in, make any commitments you want to make, and to ask for any help you need (e.g. help with that online tech issue you’ve been having for months, and perhaps a marketing question).
Within a few hours, you’ve gotten a lot of options on the tech issue and the community facilitator has posted links to a few of the videos and blog posts I’ve written that are most relevant to your question. If there isn’t one, they let you know that I’ll be making one soon just for you.
As you go over the materials you remember the content from the video of my day-long workshop you watched and the mini-courses you dug into earlier when you first joined the Marketing for Hippies Membership and you realize that you’re beginning to see how it all fits together. You’re really starting to understand, intuitively and practically, how to market your business in a way that feels good and works. You never thought this would be possible.
It makes sense, new approaches and points of view aren’t things you can hear once and “have it.” It can take years of reminders, reinforcement, translation and application to properly “get it” and design one’s business systems around them so that your business becomes a relatively effortless embodiment of them.
You hop on the “office hours” call with myself and some of the other members from around the world. You show up a bit early to make sure your question gets answered but are also amazed at how useful and relevant the answers to everyone’s questions are to your own business. After the call, someone shoots you a personal message on Mighty Networks to let you know they’ve got some resources for you that might help. And that kind of thing seems to happen all the time. It’s such a helpful community. Perhaps you yourself realize you have a resource that would be useful to share with another member and you send them a quick personal message.
The next day, there’s a teleseminar that I’m running and you’ve always wanted to attend. “Now you get to join in on it at no extra cost since it’s just part of the membership.”. And you’re looking forward to next month when that 30-day program of mine you have most hoped to get into is finally coming around again… which is also included in your membership now.
On Friday, as you wrap up your workday, you post in the end-of-week thread and share your wins from the week, along with anything you learned, and jot some of these things in your personal log (a sort of online journal) and/or on the community thread for the end of the week.
It looks like a pretty awesome, supportive week, full of low-pressure marketing work, the sum of which will be ever clearer, stronger, and more honest marketing of your business over time.
The Two Levels To Your Marketing for Hippies Membership:
In the Foundations Level, You get:
Access to the Marketing for Hippies Membership: You can access it through your laptop or the app on your phone. On this network, you’ll be able to connect with myself and like-minded entrepreneurs from around the world — many of whom will share the modalities you use and work with the same target markets you’ve decided to focus on.
ONE Office Hours Call per month: A 60-minute, Q&A Zoom call on the first Monday of every month at 12pm PST where you can phone or log in and submit your questions. First come, first served. I’d charge $25 for this if doing this for the public.
50% Off Everything: An across-the-board, 50% discount on all of my eBooks, live programs, and online courses.
Recording of My Daylong Workshop ($80 USD): The full workshop video from my Marketing for Hippies 101, daylong workshop plus the transcripts and workbook.
Four Marketing for Hippies 101 Mini Courses: Building on the content from my daylong workshop you’ll get four mini courses that dive deeper into each section of content to help you understand more. Each mini course will have anywhere from five to eleven lessons, many of them loaded with Bonus Resources to allow for a deeper dive if you wish. More courses will likely be added as we go.
Free Access To All My $25 Teleseminars: Each year I run 6-10 teleseminars.They include (but are not limited to)
Four Free eBooks: To get you started on the right foot, you’ll get four of my most foundational eBooks.
In the Pro Level, You Get:
Everything From The Foundations level PLUS…
Access: By choosing a one-time payment of $999 (by December 14th, 2020) you get Founding Members status. This means you never need to pay me another penny. You’re in the Membership for good. Plus, Founding Members will get a special 90-minute kick off call with me in December (we’ll find a date that works with the most of you possible).
ONE Office Hours Call per month: A 60-minute, Q&A Zoom call every Friday at 12pm PST where you can phone or log in and submit your questions. First come, first served. I’d charge $25 for this if doing this for the public.
THREE 60-Minute Mastermind Calls per month on Zoom: These weekly calls will be Q&A in format, hosted and recorded on Zoom. You’re guaranteed 36 of these per year (an average of three per month).
Free access to all my eBooks ($460 USD value): When new ones are created, you’ll get free access to those too.
Occasional Guest Teacher workshops: From time to time, I’ll be bringing in my colleagues just for you. These sessions won’t be available to the rest of my email list.
The Niching Home Study Course ( $300 USD value)
Free Access to Participate in My Live, 30-Day Programs ( $900 USD value per year):
• Savings on eBooks and Courses
• Savings on eBooks and Courses
Sixteen more things you’ll get
regardless of which level you join at:
- Online Journal: This is an ongoing online journal where you track your progress on the journey of growing your business.
- Friday Accountability Posts: Each Friday, you’ll have a chance to share what you accomplished, lessons learned and ask for help finding resources on these topics.
- Monthly Mentorship Alumni Hot Seat — Case Studies: participants in my Mentorship Program (my most advanced program of twelve people I work with deeply) will host a teach and share about their process and can answer your questions.
- Colleague Confession Stories: From time to time, I’ll invite my colleagues in to share their embarrassing stories of where they messed up and how they recovered.
- Guest webinars are only free for 24 hours to the general public and then they’re taken down and then they will live in MFH Membership forever
- Regional Connections: We will do everything we can to help you connect with people who live in the same area as you. Imagine that, making real life friends through a virtual platform.
- Almost all of my content is divided into neat topics: Over time, I’ll be migrating all of my content into this platform (much is already there). So you won’t need to go to a distracting portal like YouTube or Facebook to check things out.
- Prioritized responses: Can you get my attention by commenting on my blog or Youtube? Yes. But, moving forward, I’ll be prioritizing my responses to this platform over the public platforms.
- A place you can ask for help: Struggling with your marketing and need some help but not sure where to look in the hundreds of eBooks, videos and blog posts I offer? There will be a thread in which you can post your question and we’ll do our best to direct you to the answer.
- A place you can ask for feedback from others in the network: Do you have something you’ve written or recorded that you’d like the group’s feedback on? Maybe it’s a short video, a sales letter, a new package or offer where you’re not sure about the pricing or you’re trying to decide on which photo or headline to go with. Let us help you.
- Community Facilitators: You’ll have access to a community facilitator who will help cheer you on and make sure you never get stuck, lost, frustrated, or confused about how to use the MFH Membership platform.
- Niche feedback: A place you can post your niche to get candid reflections from others. Have a clear niche but have no idea where to find them? Have no fear! The group is here. Describe your niche in the thread and let the group brainstorm ideas for the people, media, groups, complimentary businesses, podcasts, events, locations, hashtags, and other types of hubs to check out.
- Hubs Brainstorm Section: Have a clear niche but have no idea where to find them? Have no fear! The group is here. Describe your niche in the thread and let the group brainstorm ideas for the people, media, groups, complimentary businesses, podcasts, events, locations, hashtags, and other types of hubs to check out.
- Classifieds (work together): Have skills you want to offer or are you looking for a set of skills within the community? Make a post and see if you can work with one of the many talented people here.
- Recommended Resources: There will be a thread where you can find my best recommendations on products, software, services, apps and other helpful resources.
- My Evolution: As I grow my body of work, experiment with new ideas and offer new courses, books or programs, you’ll be the first to be invited… and they will be included in your Pro membership or 50% off for the basic membership.
Okay… That’s A Lot of ‘Stuff’, But How Will This Help Me?
A lot of content doesn’t mean much. It can just be overwhelming. So, here’s our commitment to you. By participating in this Membership you will:
- Become utterly grounded in the basics of my perspective on marketing. As time goes on, they will become fully integrated in how you operate your business.
- Enjoy ongoing improvements. You’re going to have access to a program and community that will only get better and better and have more content, context, and support added.
- Enjoy a distraction free environment. This is not a Facebook group where there are constant notifications going off all the time.
- You can come and go as you need. Ask for help when you need it, join a program when it’s relevant, read an eBook when you have time.
- Phone App: You’ll be able to view the MFH Membership and go through my courses right from the phone app so you can dip into things on the train, while sitting in a park, or at a restaurant while waiting for your table.
- Exclusive, intimate space: No tire kickers here. No more Facebook groups with very little engagement or engagement from people who aren’t engaged in doing the work. By virtue of signing up for a Membership like this, people have a little more skin in the game. They are also likely to be fairly steeped in this content already and won’t give you questionable advice from other schools of thought in marketing.
- All in one: I am slowly moving the full archive of my blogs and YouTube videos onto the MFH Membership so you’ll be able to find everything you’re looking for in one place.
What It Means To Be A Founding Member:
As a founding member, you are the glue that holds the community together. You are the ones who help shape the content, courses and coaching being offered within the membership. You are also the ones who will get more of my attention and whose businesses I will likely come to know and help grow the most. As a founding member, I am offering you a limited-time, lifetime access opportunity to the Marketing For Hippies Membership.
To say it another way: You pay once, and you never pay again.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The program doors open on December 15th. Until that date, you won’t have access to the Membership Site but I hope you’ll join us in all of the free launch content.
This Membership Program Is Not a Fit for You If:
You need instant results. If you want to get from nothing to six-figures in six-months, look elsewhere. If you’ve got a workshop you need to sell out next month, this is not the program you need, although there is likely some great content in here that could help you improve your results quickly.
If you’re a fundamentalist of any persuasion. If you are proudly dogmatic about your food choices, black and white on religion, strident in your politics, have clear cut definitions of what is right and wrong, have no issues with cancel culture and shaming or shunning as a first resort to deal with people whose opinions you take issue with, and take pride in tearing people down on social media, we are not a fit.
A Final Thought: Why Focus On The Foundations Of Your Business?
With this online membership, you’ll have a chance to dig deeper, with my guidance and the support of others like you, into the core elements of your business: your niche, your point of view, your business model, your hubs, your marketing strategies, and more.
Every hour you spend on the foundations of your business could save you ten over the next couple of years and hundreds over the coming decades.
Every dollar you spend on the foundations of your business will save you hundreds over the next couple of years and thousands over the coming decades.
In the long term, most businesses fail because they build the house of their business too quickly and they ignore the foundations, and so they are caught in the constant repairs and reactions to its falling apart. They’re never able to get ahead.
If you don’t have the foundations…
- you’ll need to rely on templates given to you by marketing coaches who might get you close but will never feel like “you.” Your business will always feel like you’re wearing a borrowed suit vs. a tailored suit
- You’ll be able to memorize an elevator pitch but you won’t be able to improvise in the context of the moment in response to the question, “So what do you do?”
- you’ll never be able to figure out your hubs
- you’ll never be able to craft compelling offers
- you’ll never be able to communicate your value or unique point of view
- you’ll never be able to develop the kind of word-of-mouth that spreads for you
- You’ll never have a solid, consistent, successful marketing strategy
Foundations last a long time…
Once you set the foundations properly, they will be there for the life of the house you build.
Once you’ve got your niche, you likely won’t need to change it for a long time.
Once you’ve laid out your point of view, you can roll with it for years to come.
Three Reasons to Sign Up Now:
Six Weeks Of Founding Members Only: On December 14th, the doors close to entry into this Membership Program. No one else gets in. It’ll be just us chickens until early February at some point when the doors will open again to invite in people paying at the monthly level. I want at least six weeks where it’s just us so I can get to know you, my lifetime, founding members, a bit. You’ll be the sourdough starter of this whole endeavour. Giving this closed time for it to be just us is my small way of saying ‘thank you’ to everyone signing up now.
Direct Access To Me: I won’t be travelling with workshops for a while so you’ll have my focused attention more than might have been possible in the past.
Lifetime Access Only Until December 14th at Midnight, 2020: Again, the lifetime specials are only available during this launch window. By purchasing lifetime access, you are giving me the confidence, courage and cashflow to build the greatest membership I possibly can for you. At some point in early February, 2020, the only options will be monthly or annual subscriptions.
Still not sure? Our “Good Vibes” Hippie Guarantee
Understandable. You may never have used this platform before — or anything like it. It’s hard to know if this is the kind of structure you’ll enjoy.
So, of course, I’d like to offer you a no-questions (other than for feedback on how we can do better), no hassle and utterly no hard feelings guarantee. If this course isn’t a fit, you get all your money back and we’ll do what we can to make sure we are more clear for the people to come.
The risk should be on our shoulders to make sure that only people for whom this is really a fit sign up. This risk should not be on your side.
We want good vibes in this program and people being trapped in a program that isn’t right for them is bad vibes. You getting a full refund when you realize it’s not right for you is good vibes.
That’s all. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org