The Hot Box:
make more progress on your business in one day than you have in the last year
an exclusive, intimate, day-long, hot-seat based coaching event limited to five seasoned conscious entrepreneurs
Friday, April 13th
10am – 6pm
5 SPACES AVAILABLE
If you’re reading this letter right now, then you’re likely either one of my favourite clients and have gotten a personal invitation – or you’re a friend of one of my favourite clients.
For the past few years, people have asked me to make some kind of “level two” workshop, a request that I found stymied me.
It wasn’t like I had any “new” content to share. Or any big secrets I was holding back in my other events.
And it seemed to me that for the more seasoned entrepreneurs, “more info” wasn’t the answer anyways.
So I sat with this idea of a Level Two workshop for a while and let it percolate.
And last year it struck me: What more experienced entrepreneurs need most is a space to be heard by their peers, to get at the root of their issue and then get guidance on the precise things they need to do.
They don’t need or want to be given a huge binder and told, “the info you want is in here somewhere,” seasoned entrepreneurs want to be given the precise info that will help them.
Nothing more, nothing less.
So I decided to create a “next level” workshop day like that.
I call this level two workshop The Hot Box as a working title (with obvious hippie connotations . . .), but also because it will be a loving and unhurried pressure-cooker where we encourage each other, ask the hard questions and get real with each other.
The “hot” also refers to the “hot seat” because participants will each have a good chunk of time to receive the focus and attention of the entire group. Not just a 2-minute question at a workshop. But about 40 minutes each.
This workshop might be a fit for you if:
- You’re engaged in work that might be described as holistic, green, sustainable, progressive, or radical.
- You love pushing the envelope of what you do to make it even more radical, sustainable, socially just, etc . . .
- You’ve been in business for at least three years.
- This isn’t just a hobby for you – it’s your full time passion and income and you’re committed to making it work.
- You’re the kind of person who loves local food, farmer’s markets, supporting local and independent shops, and the arts.
- You love learning from others and are open to receiving some really honest feedback on your situation.
- You’re not in a place where you’re needing general “big picture” marketing education, but rather something more laser-focused, some “here’s the next step” coaching.
- You’re up for bringing your A-Game to an unhurried yet highly focused day. You’re ready to be present for all four others in the group all day.
If most of the above points aren’t true for you – then The Hot Box is likely not a fit for you at this time. But if you could say yes to most of the points, then you might be interested to know . . .
The basic format of the day:
You sit in a circle with me and the four other entrepreneurs participants. Each person gets 40 minutes of my and the group’s undivided attention, questions, insights, and advice.
The first 30 minutes of your time will be 100% focused on clarifying questions and reflections from the rest of us. It’s easy to hear a surface problem and want to jump in and solve it, but we want to dive in deep. In the final ten minutes of your time you’ll get the ideas and resources of your peers, based on the information gathered about your work.
But you won’t just be sitting on your hands while you listen to others. Oh no.
You will get four gorgeous, thick pieces of 100% recycled or handmade paper. Each one with the names of the other participants at the top. As you listen to the four other entrepreneurs share, you can write notes, comments, questions, ideas, and resources there so you don’t forget, and after their session, you will share these beautiful reflection-resource pages in case there was something you didn’t get to say.
i’ll be sitting along with you all, participating and guiding and taking notes (which I’ll be tidying up and sending to you in a digital follow-up document after the event).
The schedule for the day:
1:10pm – lunch – 90 mins. (bring your own or go out to one of the lovely local eateries nearby)
2:40pm – hot seat #3
3:40pm – hot seat #4
4:40pm – break
4:50pm – hot seat #5
5:50pm – Wrap up
The rationale – two reasons why I believe you will make so much progress in a single day:
- a maximum of five people participating. This means you get to know each other. It means there’s time for feedback on you particularly.
- questions first – advice later. there’s an old carpenters rule, “measure twice. cut once.” And the structure of this day is built around that idea. Instead of having you share a problem and being bombarded with well meaning (but likely off target) advice, you’ll have a few minutes to share what’s up for you and then you’ll be listened to even more deeply. You’ll have what you said reflected back to you and have even deeper questions asked of you – all with the one aim of creating more clarity (for you and the other participants) around exactly where you want to go and where things are stuck for you. I promise you this simple process – because it’s so unhurried and thoughtful – will result in advice and resources that are laser-targeted to the root of the issue rather than the branches.
Five big things you get from this day:
So, why take an entire day of your life and spend the money it will cost to come to this? What do you get for coming to this?
1) The immediate and honest (but loving) questions and reflections from me and the four other entrepreneurs on your most pressing business situation. these folks are already savvy and accomplished.
2) Four page cards full of appreciations, tactics, resources, and commitments to follow up on, each one from one of the other four entrepreneurs.
3) Personalized follow up from me. After the event, you’ll all get a personal follow up email from me full of any ideas, contacts, and/or resources that I think might help you. I’m pretty certain you’ll be delighted with this.
4) I promise you that you will leave with a much clearer about what’s at the root of your biggest issues.
5) A new or deepened connection to some of the finest conscious entrepreneurs in your area (who knows what manner of profitable collaborations might unfold?).
What’s expected of you:
This Hot Box day isn’t for everyone. If you come and participant, you get all of the things listed above – but there’s also a lot expected of you.
1) You’ll be there. You will show up on time and be with us the entire day. No exceptions.
2) You are excited to participate and bring your A-Game in support of the other entrepreneurs. Important: you will never be pressured to share any of your contacts with one other. Only to share what you feel inspired to share in support of each other. If the most you feel called to give is your listening and some encouragement – wonderful. If you want to give someone a contacts – that’s also great.
3) You’ll prepare. You will spend at least one hour preparing and sorting out the core issue you want to bring to the group.
4) You’ll use it. You will schedule time to integrate what you get out of your Hot Box experience. I’m not interested in people coming if they’re not going to apply what they get from this.
You can attend on a sliding scale of $250 – $500 (whatever makes most sense for you and your financial life right now) to be paid at the end of workshop. But there is a $50 deposit to confirm your space.
First come first served.
confirmed participants . . .