make more progress on your business in one day than you have in the last year
an exclusive, intimate, day long, hot-seat based coaching event limited to six seasoned conscious entrepreneurs
6 SPACES AVAILABLE
**3 SPACE REMAINING**
WHEN: Wednesday, February 1st · 10:00am – 7:00pm
WHERE: location given once you enroll
TO OFFICIALLY RSVP: email me at tad (at) marketingforhippies (dot) com
If you’re reading this letter right now, then you’re either one of my favourite clients and have gotten a personal invitation – or you’re a friend of one of them.
For the past few years, people have asked me to make some kind of ‘level two’ workshop.
Which stymied me.
It wasn’t like I had any ‘new’ content to share. Or any big secrets I was holding back in my other events.
And it seemed to me like, for the more seasoned entrepreneurs, ‘more info’ is not the answer.
So I sat with it for a while.
And last year it struck me.
What more experienced entrepreneurs need most is a space to be heard by their peers, to get at the root of the issue and then get guidance on the precise things they need to do.
They don’t need or want to be given a huge binder and told, ‘the info you want is in here somewhere’ they want to be given the precise info that will help them.
Nothing more, nothing less.
So I decided to create a day like that.
I call it the Hot Box as a working title (with obvious hippie connotations) but also because it will be a loving and unhurried pressure-cooker where we encourage each other and ask the hard questions and get real with each other.
But ‘hot’ also as in ‘hot seats’ where you have a good chunk of time to receive the focus and attention of the entire group. Not just a 2 minute question at a workshop. But like 40 minutes.
this workshop might be a fit for you if:
- you’re engaged in work that might be described as holistic, green, sustainable, progressive or radical
- you love pushing the envelope of what you do to make it even more radical, sustainable, socially just etc.
- you’ve been in business for at least three years
- this isn’t just a hobby for you – it’s your full time passion and income and you’re committed to making it work
- you’re the kind of person who loves local food, farmer’s markets, supporting local and independent shops and you love the arts.
- you love learning from others and are open to getting some really honest feedback on your situation.
- you’re not in a place where you’re needing more general, big picture, marketing education but rather more some laser focused, ‘here’s the next step’ coaching.
- you’re up to bring your a-game to an unhurried but highly focused day. you’re ready to be present for all nine others in the group all day.
If most of the above aren’t true for you – then it’s likely not a fit for you at this time. But if you could say yes to most of those things, then you might be interested to know . . .
the basic format of the day:
you sit in a circle with myself and the nine other entrepreneurs. each person gets 40 minutes of mine and the groups undivided attention, questions, insights and advice.
the first 30 minutes will be 100% focused on clarifying questions and reflections. it’s easy to hear a surface problem and want to jump in and solve it. and in the last ten minutes you’ll get the ideas and resources of your peers.
but you won’t just be sitting on your hands while you listen to others. no.
you will get 9 gorgeous, thick pieces of 100% recycled or handmade paper. each with the names of the other participants at the top. as you listen to them share – you can write notes, comments, questions, ideas and resources there so you don’t forget and can give it to them when their time is done in case there was something you didn’t get to say.
i’ll be sitting there, participating and guiding and taking notes (which I’ll be tidying up and sending to you in a follow up after the event).
the schedule for the day
10am – welcome and introductions
10:30am – setting the groundrules
10:40 – intention clarifying exercise
11:20am – break
11:15am – hot seat #1
12:10pm – hot seat #2
1:10pm – lunch
2:40pm – hot seat #3
3:40pm – hot seat #4
4:40pm – break
4:50pm – hot seat #5
5:50pm – break
6:00pm – hot seat #6
6:50pm – wrap up
the rationale – three reasons why i believe you will make so much progress in a single day:
- only smart and successful people are invited. you’re all smart as hell, savvy and have a lot to offer each other. i think you’ll get as much from others being coached as yourself. plus you might make some great connections for business partnerships down the road.
- a maximum of six people per day. this means you get to know each other. it means there’s time for feedback on you particularly.
- questions first – advice later. there’s an old carpenters rule, ‘measure twice. cut once.’ and the structure of this day is built around that idea. instead of having you share a problem and being bombarded with well meaning (but likely off target) advice, you’ll have a few minutes to share what’s up for you and then you’ll be listened to even more deeply. you’ll have what you said reflected back to you and have even deeper questions asked of you – all with one aim – to create more clarity (for yourself and the other participants) around exactly where you want to go and where things are stuck for you. i promise you this simple process – because it’s so unhurried and thoughtful will result in advice and resources that are laser targeted to the root of the issue rather than the branches.
six big things you get from this day:
So, why take an entire day of your life and spend the money it will cost to come to this? what do you get for coming to this?
1) the immediate and honest (but loving) questions and reflections of five other entrepreneurs on your most pressing business situation. these folks are already savvy and accomplished.
2) five page cards full of appreciations, tactics, resources and commitments to follow up on.
3) personalized follow up. after the event, you’ll all get a personal follow up email with me full of any ideas, contacts or resources i think might help you. i think you’ll be delighted with this.
4) i promise you that you will leave much, much clearer about what’s at the root of your biggest issues.
5) a new or deepened connection to some of the most finest conscious entrepreneurs in your area (who knows what manner of profitable collaborations might unfold).
6) a one on one, thirty minute, follow up phone call with me to go over your notes and figure out your next steps. I would normally charge $100 for this.
what’s expected of you:
This day isn’t for everyone. If you come you get all of the things above – but there’s also a lot that I expect from you.
1) you’ll be there. You will show up on time and be with us the entire day. No exceptions.
2) you are excited to participate and bring your A Game in support of the other entrepreneurs. Important: you will never be pressured to share any contacts with each other. Only to share what you feel inspired to share in support of them. If the most you feel called to give is your listening and some encouragement – wonderful. If you want to give them some contacts – also great.
3) you’ll prepare. you’ll spend at least one hour preparing and sorting out the core issue you want to bring to the group.
4) you’ll use it. you will schedule time to integrate what you get. i’m not interested in people coming if they’re not going to apply what they get from this.
you can attend on a sliding scale of $250 – $500 (whatever makes most sense) to be paid after the workshop. but there’s a $50 deposit to confirm your space.
i will likely raise this price down the road – but this in my first one ever.
first come first served.
TO OFFICIALLY RSVP: email me at tad (at) marketingforhippies (dot) com and we’ll make sure it’s a fit. If it is, we’ll arrange for your deposit to be made, give you some homework to do and get you ready.
confirmed participants . . .
I am a mother, wife, friend, daughter, sister, teacher, student, psychologist, writer, adventurer, and lover of life. I am simple, complicated, confused, clear, playful, curious, searching for peace (and excited to have actually found it-most of the time anyway). I’m a glass half full kind of girl and have been accused of being “pollyannaish”-not that I’m disagreeing.
I am focused on empowering women to create happy, healthy, and successful lives.
jackie dumaine – yoga teacher – www.jackiedumaine.com
On January 27th, 2010 I left my six figure career as an advertising executive and traveled to an ashram in Rishikesh, India where I studied yoga and meditation with the World Conscious Yoga Family.
Life in the ashram allowed me to open my heart in ways that I had never been able to before. Learning to practice meditation was something that my Type-A personality desperately needed. Walls started to break down and my creativity began to flow again. I realized just how much power we have to create the life of our dreams.
Upon my return to Canada I co-founded Stillness Room, a meditation furniture company. This enabled me to incorporate my talent for business and marketing while maintaining a life of integrity and expansion.
We teach what we need to learn. I am not – nor will I ever be – perfect, but by sharing the principles of The Yoga Code I can immerse myself in the teachings, knowing this will help me stay on my path. I’ve made a commitment to speak my truth and share my experiences, hoping I will encourage others to find their voice and release their brilliance.
kristin allen – eco clothing store owner – www.reFindclothing.co
reFind clothing & décor was born after years of our love of consignment shopping, mixed with our family’s passion for sustainable, eco-friendly and people-friendly lifestyle choices. We have designed a cozy, welcoming boutique atmosphere where visitors can feel good about every purchase they make. Whether your purchase is previously enjoyed, crafted locally by loving hands, or ethically produced in a developing country, you know that your choice to shop with us is making our world a better place… one thread at a time.