When I do my workshops, I often get people to brainstorm the types of content they might use to stay in touch with the people on their lists. And people come up with great ones.
So, here’s the harvest from my past few workshops. I hope it inspires you with ideas. Notice how many of them express a really clear point of view and how the ones that focus on a particular niche are particularly cool and useful.
If you’re feeling stuck on what kinds of content you could create read the below and then go and answer these questions. I promise content ideas galore.
– monthly interviews with realtors, home inspectors, lawyers, title insurance brokers about the marketplace and their expertise in buying a new home.
– niehgbourhood spotlight: putting together a package of coupons for that area, doing a walking tour of the area for folks interested, introduce them to local businesses
Massage for Cancer Patients:
– interviews with cancer survivors who’ve had massage and valued it
– interviews with doctors and nurses who are open to massage
– directly addressing myths: cancer can’t be spread through massage
– movie screenings of birth related movies
– youtube videos of people interviewed
– website reviews
– articles you’ve already written
– top ten things you DON’T need that people tell you you need when having a baby
– top ten tips for supporting a family member who’s been hospitalized in a psych ward
– nutrient dense foods for addicts (that are easy to absorb)
– top five complimentary modalities for addicts
– How to set up a birth pool.
For: office workers
– top five strategies to deal with that person in your office who drains your energy
– ten yoga poses you can do at your desk
– top ten meditative songs to have in your ipod at work
– tips for parenting kids at different stages
– showing the science behind the woo woo. sharing the studies and results.
For: divorced parents
– how to do homework in two homes
– 5 things your kids are saying about you at school
For: LGBT women in Toronto suffering from anxiety or depression caused by issues around discovering their sexuality and coming out.
– how to get through the holidays
– coming out stories
– the top ten ways to come out to your family and friends
– top ten WORST ways to come out to family and friend (funny)
– top ten ways to come out at work or school
– top ten ways to pick up a chick
For: women with breast cancer looking for alternatives
– how to handle your doctor and get the experience you want and need out of your appointments
For: menopausal women.
– video of older women doing cool stuff (e.g. grannies skydiving or mountain climbing)
For: women suffering from headaches
– top five foods to lighten your toxin load
– top ten questions to help you decide whether you need a career change
– top ten career books
For: those who’ve been traumatized by sexual abuse
– how to protect your child from abuse
For: pet owners whose pets have behavioural issues
– info on upcoming expos and shows focused on behavioural issues
For: smokers who are trying to quit
– 10 minutes of yoga to combat nicotine craving
– list of physiological changes that occur after quitting smoking (broken down chronologically over a year)
For: cancer patients who are choosing alternative treatment options
– book reviews on anti-cancer and The China Study
– list of how homeopathy can help with specific side effects of chemo
For: people with digestive issues
– how to organize your kitchen and recipes for simplicity in cooking
For: parents with children with Autism and ADHD
– answers to top question faced by faced by families with autistic children and strategies on how to deal with them
– current research and study
– videos for common treatments that seem daunting until you see them in action or try them yourself
For: socially awkward young adults.
– tips on how to use improv lessons to improve your life
For: people who are overwhelmed and stressed and craving silence in their lives
– articles on the benefits of silence
– artwork and poetry that evolved out of silence
For: sensitive and powerful men
– “The Man Box” – lies and myths about men
– VIDEO: “Real Moments of Power” – real men sharing a moment where they were powerful that weren’t hurting anyone. 2 minutes each.
– VIDEO SERIES: “Instant Warrior Practice” – practical exercises for vitality, focus and confidence.
For: People with life threatening cancer
– top five ways to look after yourself when you’re struggling with feelings around your cancer
For: Health conscious pet owners with animals that have chronic problems
– biggest feeding mistakes
– why pets need detox too
Do you have any cool examples of content that you’ve seen or created that you want to share? Just write them below.