So, here’s the harvest from my past few workshops. I hope it inspires you with ideas. Notice how many of them express a really clear point of view and how the ones that focus on a particular niche are particularly cool and useful.
If you’re feeling stuck on what kinds of content you could create read the below and then go and answer these questions. I promise content ideas galore.
– monthly interviews with realtors, home inspectors, lawyers, title insurance brokers about the marketplace and their expertise in buying a new home.
– niehgbourhood spotlight: putting together a package of coupons for that area, doing a walking tour of the area for folks interested, introduce them to local businesses
Massage for Cancer Patients:
– interviews with cancer survivors who’ve had massage and valued it
– interviews with doctors and nurses who are open to massage
– directly addressing myths: cancer can’t be spread through massage
– movie screenings of birth related movies
– youtube videos of people interviewed
– website reviews
– articles you’ve already written
– top ten things you DON’T need that people tell you you need when having a baby
– top ten tips for supporting a family member who’s been hospitalized in a psych ward
– nutrient dense foods for addicts (that are easy to absorb)
– top five complimentary modalities for addicts
– How to set up a birth pool.
For: office workers
– top five strategies to deal with that person in your office who drains your energy
– ten yoga poses you can do at your desk
– top ten meditative songs to have in your ipod at work
– tips for parenting kids at different stages
– showing the science behind the woo woo. sharing the studies and results.
For: divorced parents
– how to do homework in two homes
– 5 things your kids are saying about you at school
For: LGBT women in Toronto suffering from anxiety or depression caused by issues around discovering their sexuality and coming out.
– how to get through the holidays
– coming out stories
– the top ten ways to come out to your family and friends
– top ten WORST ways to come out to family and friend (funny)
– top ten ways to come out at work or school
– top ten ways to pick up a chick
For: women with breast cancer looking for alternatives
– how to handle your doctor and get the experience you want and need out of your appointments
For: menopausal women.
– video of older women doing cool stuff (e.g. grannies skydiving or mountain climbing)
For: women suffering from headaches
– top five foods to lighten your toxin load
– top ten questions to help you decide whether you need a career change
– top ten career books
For: those who’ve been traumatized by sexual abuse
– how to protect your child from abuse
For: pet owners whose pets have behavioural issues
– info on upcoming expos and shows focused on behavioural issues
For: smokers who are trying to quit
– 10 minutes of yoga to combat nicotine craving
– list of physiological changes that occur after quitting smoking (broken down chronologically over a year)
For: cancer patients who are choosing alternative treatment options
– book reviews on anti-cancer and The China Study
– list of how homeopathy can help with specific side effects of chemo
For: people with digestive issues
– how to organize your kitchen and recipes for simplicity in cooking
For: parents with children with Autism and ADHD
– answers to top question faced by faced by families with autistic children and strategies on how to deal with them
– current research and study
– videos for common treatments that seem daunting until you see them in action or try them yourself
For: socially awkward young adults.
– tips on how to use improv lessons to improve your life
For: people who are overwhelmed and stressed and craving silence in their lives
– articles on the benefits of silence
– artwork and poetry that evolved out of silence
For: sensitive and powerful men
– “The Man Box” – lies and myths about men
– VIDEO: “Real Moments of Power” – real men sharing a moment where they were powerful that weren’t hurting anyone. 2 minutes each.
– VIDEO SERIES: “Instant Warrior Practice” – practical exercises for vitality, focus and confidence.
For: People with life threatening cancer
– top five ways to look after yourself when you’re struggling with feelings around your cancer
For: Health conscious pet owners with animals that have chronic problems
– biggest feeding mistakes
– why pets need detox too
Do you have any cool examples of content that you’ve seen or created that you want to share? Just write them below.