“Oh! Now I Get What You Do!!”
Learn the Secrets to Describe What You Do in a Way That People Immediately “Get It”
(no matter how Far Out, WooWoo or Weird what you do might seem)
Monday, September 5th
11am-12:30pm MT (Local Time in Alberta, Canada)
Cost: $25 USD
I want to invite you to join me at an over-the-phone group coaching session that is laser focused on a topic that a lot of service providers and holistic types I meet seem to struggle with.
“How do I articulate what I do in a way that is clear and compelling?”
Perhaps you’re a Therapist, Financial Advisor, Wedding Planner, Personal Trainer, Career Coach, Massage Therapist, Body-worker, Herbalist, Shamanic Practitioner, Life-Coach, Meditation Teacher, etc. and you’ve found yourself asking that question.
Or maybe – like many – after years of frustration you secretly say it more like, “How the F#@* do I describe what I do??!!”
For the past fifteen years, I’ve travelled around North America working with green, conscious, holistic and community-minded entrepreneurs.
And, I’ve discovered that this problem is actually pretty easy to solve.
Of everything I offer to my clients – this piece is often the one they rave about the most – and one of the pieces I seem to be best at teaching.
One of the most consistent phrases I hear at the workshops is, “Oh! NOW I get what you do!” from one participant to another as they work away in small groups with one another. I hear that again and again, workshop after workshop, almost without fail.
An important note: these folks had already introduced themselves at the beginning of the workshop and everyone nodded as if they got it.
They were being polite.
Most people we speak to are just being polite.
Most people will never tell you that your description of what you do is unclear.
They will smile, nod, get another drink, and leave that evening with no idea of what you do.
They will read your ad – have no idea what it’s about – and turn the page. This is vital to get. Most service providing entrepreneurs have no idea how many potential clients they’re losing because their marketing is “fuzzy.”
Before your marketing can become powerful and irresistible it must become crystal clear.
Is this you?
- You’re a service provider. This call is not designed for those who sell products or run retail.
- After you tell someone (who you genuinely think you could help) what you do they often say things like, “wow. that’s really interesting . . . say . . . I’ve got to get some punch . . .” You can tell that, the more you talk about what you do, the more you lose them.
- When you’re talking with someone you know you could help, you can just tell that they aren’t “getting it.”
- You have a strong sense that they way you’re describing what you do now (in person or in your marketing materials) isn’t as strong, compelling or clear as it could be.
- What you do is difficult to sum up into a nifty catchphrase (and you’ve likely tried). It might feel like, “well, I either have to say it in 5 words or 500 words” but you can’t find the middle ground.
- You hate the idea of crafting a scripted “elevator pitch” you need to memorize.
If this is you, I think you’ll find there’s hope.
In this workshop, you’re going to:
- learn the most common blunders made by holistic practitioners everywhere when trying to articulate what they do.
- learn a cookie-cutter template that 90% of the people I work with are able to use with great success.
- have a chance to test out your new way of describing what you do and get immediate and honest feedback from the other participants on what worked and what didn’t about your description.
- have the chance to get my personal attention in tweaking your description.
- learn how the core building blocks of how you articulate what you do provide the secrets to finding and attracting new clients (and how you’re utterly lost without them).
By the end of this teleseminar, I predict you’ll begin to feel oceans of blessed relief pouring over you as the words come together and you begin to breathe again knowing that, next time you are faced with the question “what do you do?” you will have a clear and compelling answer.
The answers you come up with will serve you equally well in person, in a brochure, on your website, or in live talks.
However, there is a big, big caveat here.
Because the issue with articulating what we do isn’t really about ‘how” we communicate it. It’s 99% about what we’re communicating. Most entrepreneurs do not have a clear niche. Most entrepreneurs haven’t really wrestled with this in any meaningful way because it feels easier to avoid.
What you’ll be learning during this call are some artful ways to communicate a clear niche. And, by clear niche, I don’t mean 100% clear. I mean 70% or above.
This call is not a replacement for the deeper, more strategic and soul-searching questions around what your niche is, but this call will give you an understanding of what a clear niche sounds like, help you buff up whatever clarity you do have (and it’s likely more than you think you have) and also help you make progress towards a more solid and sustainable niche by encouraging you to wrestle and experiment with it.
If you’re struggling with your niche, this teleseminar is a great step on the journey.
If that all sounds like a fit, I look forward to seeing you on the call.