Before you sign up, I want to make sure this is a fit.
And so this is what I like to call my “Are You Sure?” page.
It might seem like a funny thing for me to ask you to pause and slow down before you sign up, but that’s just what I am inviting you to do.
If you’re like me, you likely skim those long sales letters (like the one you just came from) and that means there’s a good chance you missed some important bits. So I want to invite you to go back and read it in full because it’s so important to me that you only sign up for this if it’s really right for you.
Or, if you’re pretty sure it’s a fit, the following points are the most important things you could read to know for sure if this program is really going to be a fit for you. It’s the result of feedback from dozens of participants and my experiences running this program in the past.
Please read them again.
After reading the following carefully, I invite you to pause and just sit with it all for a bit, to slow down a little and bring some mindfulness to this purchasing experience.
If this program still feels like a fit for you, I’d love for you be one of the twelve to join this program.
If not, I hope you’ll find the right help to take the next step in your business and marketing journey.
And, if timing is the only issue, then I hope I might get to see you in a future cohort of this program.
And, if you have any questions, please feel free to send me an email and ask me anything you like.
Please re-read the following carefully…
The Marketing Strategy Mentorship Program starts with a 60-minute call with me, includes weekly office hours and an emergency line to reach me if you need quick feedback on something, a private Facebook group, free access to all of my online products, a family-rate on any one-on-one coaching you want, an invite to an annual weekend retreat at my home for no cost to you, and generally having me think about you on a regular basis. Plus even more, which I’ll explain in a moment.
The Marketing Strategy Mentorship Program is for Entrepreneurs Who:
- want to have a full-time business that does well by doing good and yet feel daunted at the prospect, stuck, and know they need a kind of support they can’t even articulate yet.
- know their businesses have mostly been like expensive hobbies, mysterious and beguiling projects that always seems to be almost there and just about to succeed, but that never seem to crest the wave.
- can’t seem to quit even though it would make all the sense in the world to do so.
- know in their craw that they’re meant to do a certain work but who can’t make it work. There’s always something missing that they can’t put their finger on.
- know what the basics are, yet have a hard time making a practice of them.
- like the Chinese bamboo tree, have spent years growing their root system deep and wide without much to show for it above the surface, and who are ready to grow ninety feet in ninety days (note: maybe not actually 90-days).
- are willing to approach their business as a business, and not perceive the marketplace as “wrong” for not liking their first, second and third ideas.
- are at an earlier stage of their business development and who are willing to let their roots grow deeper without demanding too much too soon of this young, sapling tree of their business.
- enamoured with the idea of growing their business, not by more and more complicated tactics, but by developing a simpler and simpler business model with more and more beautiful, compelling offers, where the word of what they do spreads through those slow and steady roads of relationship and reputation.
- want to be unreasonably proud of their businesses and unexpectedly comfortable in their own skin.
- want to approach their businesses in the way an artist approaches their craft.
- want their business to fit them and be as beautiful as the most ornate, bespoke, and ceremonial regalia bearing the thumbprint of their time and place.
Who the Marketing Strategy Mentorship Program Is For:
In addition to what I wrote at the top, let me be very clear. This program is for you if:
- You want more in your business. This is the bottom line. You want more clients. More time. More money.
- You see room for growth in your business that could justify the expense of this program. This program is asking for a commitment of your time and money. Maybe not as much as other programs, but it’s not nothing. I would feel terrible if I realized that this program was asking you to pay an amount your business would never allow you to recoup. I don’t do that with my clients.
- You take (or are willing to start taking) your work seriously. This isn’t a hobby. It’s a business. It’s a craft. It’s something you’re passionate about and committed to getting better at. You are very good at what you do and you already enjoy some solid word-of-mouth and referrals from your existing clients.
- You are willing to spend five hours per week on your business. I’d like to know that you are willing to spend five hours per week (including calls) working on your business, not just in your business. Five hours a week working on repairing and painting your boat, not just sailing it. If you’re willing to do this, you will see growth in your business that you might not believe is possible. Translation: one hour per day, Monday through Friday, of focused time on making your business better.
- You are serious about growing your business and figuring out your niche. I think this one is self-explanatory.
- You are willing to shift priorities and to simplify your life to be able to put more focus on your business during our time together. I expect you to make progress on your marketing. If you’re not making progress, then this program isn’t a fit for you.
- You understand this program and my limitations. I won’t have every answer and that I won’t be able to get to everybody in every single call or every day. The calls are 90 minutes long and I’ll spend one hour per day in the group and we will do our work together in that time.
- You are willing to be a support for others in the group (I’m thinking about one hour per week of your time outside of the calls, giving one another feedback). This won’t be enforced but I’d like this program to be filled with the kinds of people who will naturally want to support one another.
- You are willing and able to show up for weekly calls and are willing to share a brief update on how things are going for you (e.g. accomplishments, sticking points etc.). If you never show up on the calls nor participate in the group, I’ll be in touch with you to see if it really makes sense for you to stay in the program.
- You are okay with knowing that my style for doing group calls is that we do work together on the call, not that I am teaching a lot on the calls. I’ve written out most of my thoughts on issues and will direct you there or give you more advanced support on how to apply it to your particular situation.
- You are someone for whom this isn’t your first rodeo. It would be a plus if you’ve been through some other coaching programs before and are familiar with other material that isn’t my own whether that be blogs and podcasts you follow, tele-seminars and group programs you’ve participated in or other coaches you’ve worked with. Your experience will be a part of the feast I imagine this group will be.
- You are someone whose work and manner of moving in the world I admire. I want to be inspired by the people I’m working with. I need to be able to really believe in who you are and what you’re about. This will be an important filter for me. If I don’t believe that your work is adding real value to people’s lives, I won’t be able to help you much.
- You can afford this. This isn’t rhetorical. I have no interest in putting you into credit card debt so you can participate in this program. Can you currently afford this? Where will the money come from? I want to know that you have the money you need for first three months ($900USD) in the bank set aside for this. I don’t want you going into debt. And I don’t want to feel the stress of needing to give you an instant breakthrough that might not be possible to give.
This Program Is Likely Not a Fit for You If:
- you’re really happy with where your business is. If that’s true, stop reading. You don’t need this. Enjoy your beautiful life of enough.
- you’re a hardcore DIYer. If you are one of those people who wants to figure out and do everything yourself, God bless you and you might as well stop reading now.
- you’re unwilling to be vulnerable. I know some people are thinking, “Ahhhh! If I sign up for this, everyone will see what a disaster my business really is and how ‘not-together’ I really am.” Yup. That’s probably true. But it’s okay. No one will be judging. They’ll be showing up in the same way. We all will. I’ve certainly got plenty of places in my business where I’m a mess. It’s a vulnerable thing to let others see these parts of your business but they’re also the places we need help the most. If you’re unwilling to share where it’s hard or where you feel like a wreck, this program isn’t for you.
- you don’t think you’ll take this program seriously at $400/month. I know that, for some people, $400 is a huge stretch. For others, especially those who’ve been a part of many other coaching programs, this will seem like an incredible bargain of a price. One potential participant in this program commented to me that, “$600/month would make me feel a lot more pressure to get a financial return from it, which isn’t a bad thing for business coaching. At $400/month I might feel ok just playing around with ideas and treating it more like therapy/life coaching that I don’t need to see immediate results from, know what I mean?” If this is how you plan to orient yourself during this program, then absolutely don’t sign up. It would make a mockery of the whole thing and others in the program would feel that from you. If you need financial pressure from this program to take what I’m offering in this program seriously, then this may not be a fit. I may raise the price in the next round, but for now I hope you’ll enjoy it as it is.
- your central goal in life and business is to be famous. It’s for those who want to find a way to sustain themselves while sustaining the world too.
- you want to get from nothing to six-figures in six-months.
What This Program is Not:
- I’m a marketing guy. I’m not a time management guy. I’m not a bookkeeping and accounting guy. I’m not a social media, Google Adwords or Facebook ad specialist. I’m a marketing guy. If you’re looking for a program that will teach you everything you need to know to make your business work, this isn’t it. Having said that, I’ve been in business for about 15 years and I’ve got opinions based on a lot of experience.
- This program is also not one-on-one coaching.
If this still feels like a fit . . .
Just click on the link below and fill in the short and sweet application form. Remember: It costs $400 USD to apply. If you’re accepted, this will be your first month’s payment. If not, it will be refunded in full.
If this isn’t a fit, then you might want to check out:
- one of my products. if you’re not sure which one, please feel free to email me and I’d be happy to discuss if there’s anything I have that might be of value.
- if money is really tight and you need cashflow asap, then I recommend my program The Meantime.
- booking a half-day or full-day session
- book some one-on-one coaching.